Recently I wrote a book called “Finding One” which quickly reached #1 on Kindle and #3 in paper back in the first month. In July of 2017, I will embark on a journey of self-discovery, exploration, and inspiration. By converting a van, I will travel the country (with a goal to hit all 48 states) connecting with people through meetups/book signings, weekly episodes, and daily content including live broadcasts and drone footage. I will essentially be living and working from the van (or other vehicle)!
- To use the momentum from my book as a catalyst to connect and do more book signings across the country (working out a partnership with WeWork now to bring them on as an official partner where the signings would happen but also to promote their mission and brand – “Do what you love!”)
- To provide a meaningful experience and face for people of color – we do this already. But the representation isn’t there; not on social media or media in general. I follow dope photographers on Instagram that travel with their girlfriends and take amazing shots and film on location…but they’re white. I am in a unique position to change that. I’m a photographer, documentarian, and entrepreneur that can provide content to the masses and open up a world of possibility.
- To challenge myself and understand myself – finding one right?
- Book signings and meet ups
- Interviews and podcasts (I would like to build a broadcasting area in the back of the van or something that I can quickly setup)
- Camping, exploring, and sharing amazing photography and drone footage
- Weekly episodes that will be available on YouTube
- Live broadcasts on both Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Towards the end of the trip, I’d like to be able to have a mini documentary or body of work that can be marketed and turned into something to discuss (i.e. TED talk, interviews, speaking engagements, articles, etc)
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor or partner, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.